Mrs. Gillum's Class

Our Year-Long Adventure in Collaboration and Presentation

ALL ABOUT US

We are a group of 6th graders who live in Southern California, USA.  We have a lot of exciting things happening in our classroom.  We each have our own ipad to learn on the entire day and technology is one of our passions!  We are also a Project Based Learning school, which means we learn by completing different projects.   Many of our parents and grandparents immigrated to the USA from other countries, so most of us are bilingual in Spanish and English. We are hoping to make many new friends to collaborate and learn with around the globe.

4 Comments to

“ALL ABOUT US”

1. February 6th, 2015 at 2:16 pm      Reply Natalie Branagan Says:

Dear Mrs Gillum,

I have recently been in touch with Mrs Rutschke to make a class blog link. She said that you might also be interested. I signed up for QuadBlogging but I have not yet heard anything so I am on a hunt for schools myself.

We are a Year 6 International School in Cologne, Germany. We could be in contact more casually or like in QuadBlogging. Either way we would happy to collaborate we you.

http://kidblog.org/MissBranagan/
    http://kidblog.org/MrMardusClass/

Kind Regards
    Natalie

• February 6th, 2015 at 4:19 pm      Reply Mrs. Gillum Says:

Mrs. Branagan,

We would be thrilled to be in contact with you and your students. Casually or more methodical, both are fine with me. Students are more enthusiastic about sharing in their blogs when they have an audience. I’m looking forward to learning more about your class, and of course, more about Germany! Best regards from Southern California, USA

2. February 9th, 2015 at 2:19 pm      Reply Paul Mardus Says:

Dear Mrs. Gillum,

My name is Paul Mardus and I teach the other Year 6 class at St. George’s School in Cologne, Germany. As Natalie mentioned, our children are very keen to be in touch with other schools, so we are looking forward to the chance to blog with your class! Maybe for the first few weeks our students can get to know each other by commenting on each other’s recent work, and then we can look at a more methodical ‘feature class’ system?

Kind regards from Köln!

3. March 26th, 2015 at 10:07 am      Reply Any Says:

You are lucky we are not even allowed to bring electrical things to school without the allowing our teachers.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar