Mrs. Gillum's Class

Our Year-Long Adventure in Collaboration and Presentation

California Drought Project

August21

LEAVE A COMMENT!drought

Our first project for our Project Based Learning this year  is based on the California drought.  We would like to have information from other places around the world about weather and climate.  Is there a drought where you live?  Has climate change affected your state or country?  Comment below and let us hear about the weather you are experiencing!

by posted under Uncategorized | 9 Comments »    
9 Comments to

“California Drought Project”

1. September 9th, 2015 at 3:35 am      Reply Mrs. Rutschke Says:

Hi, friends! We are happy to be connecting with you this year! Your state has had a pretty tough time with the drought this year! In Canada, there has definitely been a drought in some parts of the country, and in Alberta, a large amount of the province experienced a drought too.

We are VERY fortunate that where we are in Caroline, Alberta we have had more moisture than most of the province. Crops have been affected all over the province and the amount of hay has been affected as well. Caroline seems to be very lucky! We had a pretty normal summer. Although it was a little less rainy in June than we are used to, we had enough precipitation in July and August to make our hay fields grow VERY well. HOWEVER, many communities around us had very strong hail storms and Calgary even tornado clouds several times this summer! This is NOT normal weather for our area at all!

2. October 22nd, 2015 at 1:57 am      Reply Juan Says:

Here in California we are expierencing an awful drought. We seem to be running out of water pretty quickly. The state has issued an emergency cut in water usage. Temperatures are above normal and the drought seems to continue even after 4+ years. This is definitely NOT regular weather.

3. November 7th, 2015 at 6:13 pm      Reply hmsjason Says:

Nice blog guys The California drought is a big subject to work on.

4. November 20th, 2015 at 4:39 pm      Reply Fabian Says:

Thank you

5. January 27th, 2016 at 9:21 pm      Reply Manuel Says:

Greetings fellow students! My name is Manuel, my classmates call me Manny for short. So to start,I wanted to say how glad I am of your great job you are doing on your project. There is a drought. A bad one, extremely bad. Sadly, the weather we have has not solved anything. I have heard in the news that California needs 20 years of rain without stopping for it to come back to normal. Also, that in the year 2015 California was transferring to other states and now we need all that water back. As I said earlier, great job with your project.

Sincerely,
    Manuel M.
    Ramona Communication Arts Academy

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar